The Floor Gap Fixer is used to close gaps in floating laminate floors. Gaps can be caused in many different ways. These include poor installation, high traffic areas, settling foundations, and changes in humidity. These are just some of the possible causes. Before the Floor Gap Fixer was invented, the options for closing these gaps were limited to pulling the baseboard molding and prying from the end of the row. This is moderately successful and a lot of work. To limit damage to the ends of the planks this is a two person job. I will list the steps for this process below for comparison.
- Remove the baseboard molding, without damaging it.
- Remove the nails from the baseboard molding.
- Get a hammer and pry bar.
- Pry from the end of the row and hope that you can close the gap without damaging the ends.
- Repeat process for all the gaps.
- Reinstall the baseboard molding.
- Fill in the nail holes.
- Touch up with paint.
The process with the floor gap is fast and easy.
- Clean the flooring plank.
- Place the floor gap fixer on the plank.
- Hit the Floor Gap Fixer with a mallet to close the gap.
- Repeat the process on the rest of the gaps.
As you can see, the Floor Gap Fixer is a high quality tool and designed for simplicity. It is designed for the homeowner and the professional and will...